Online Training On SharePoint
                      

Sunday 17 May 2009

Expiration Information Management Policy Disabled in SharePoint List

Recently I had a requirement to delete the items in a list after a specified amount of time automatically. I thought to set up a Expiration Information Management Policy on a list to do this automatically. With the Expiration Information Management Policy I can delete/move the items from list after a specified period of time or can trigger a workflow if I want to move them in some archival list.

When I navigated to Settings -- List Settings -- Permission and Management -- Information Management Policy Setting, and selected the Expiration policy it was disabled.


In my list there was no column defined having data type as Date. Then I created a column in the list with the information type as Date. Once this column is create the retention period policy is enabled.

2 comments:

Livia said...

Hey....
I am using the SP 2010, and i need to create a kind of list offer and put some expire date on it, bur following your instructions i cannot find the field Expire. Using it with lists is diff of Libraries.

Unknown said...

If you create any column with Date & Time column you can use that in expiry policy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails